Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Land of no kings

Bury me in Philadelphia As long as he would come visit my grave Just like the fog his love began to fade Fade into a once upon a time To a time of another time To a new distraction and mystery so damn fine You see, He was from Oakland I was from the sand dog The sex was right Yet the situation was wrong My mind fully sober Running on $4 and some change And I wish I could change My mental like I change my physical To the next Nigga with no intentions Just the attention of the illegal practices we endured A once upon a time in a dirty motel room of unmade promises of lust then love But what is love When you don't love yourself Yet you love what's between the thighs And the blooming of resentful lies To one man I could never fully understand A man trying construct his own plan A man .... Fighting trying not to sink in his own sand I just wanted to understand At least Give him my hand Yet this is the land The land of no kings until I rest with my king A peasantry of a story Peasantry of a girl Of a woman Of a queen Living in the land of no kings Raised without a king There's just no such thing Until I rest With the king

No comments:

Post a Comment